Friday, September 08, 2006

In memory of the Crocodile Hunter...

I know this post is a little late, but anyway...
Steve Irwin died at 44 September 4th in a freak accident where he got stung in the heart by a sting ray while filming a documentary. I couldn't believe it when I first saw the news. He was a passionate enviromentalist, he cared a lot about animals, and his television shows were seen in over 100 countries on cable TV. Only about 3 people die every year from sting ray bites.
*sigh* Its sad. I grew up watching his shows. He was a great guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alannah's grandmother here. I too was very sad about Steve Irwin, partly for the same reasons as most people but partly because my youngest granddaughter, still a baby, is called Bindi after Steve Irwin's daughter. A great shame, but he did live a fulfilling life and left a wonderful legacy to Bindi and her brother.